Recent Lexus NX SUV Euro has achieved a five-star ANCAP safety rating behind the tests conducted by NCAP.
NX scored 91 percent for adult occupant protection, 89 percent for child occupant protection, 83 percent for risky road user protection and 92 percent for safety assistance.
It’s got a mix Good And Enough Ratings for adults in physical crash tests, and high scores for child occupants across the board.
ANCAP says NX has scored strongly in most tests, but has achieved only one Marginal Rating for how it has performed in vehicle-to-vehicle accidents.
The security agency applauded the fact that Lexus’s autonomous emergency braking package includes the ability to detect and avoid collisions with motorcycles, which will push it up to revised standards in January 2023.
“Lexus has provided an impressive suite of security features and functional security tools in its latest NX model,” said Carla Hurweg, chief executive of ANCAP.
Lexus NX’s standard security equipment includes:
- AEB with pedestrian and daytime cyclist identification and junction assistance
- Blind-spot observation
- Lane Tracing Assist (Active Lane-Keep Assist, works with cruise control)
- Rear cross-traffic assistance
- Adaptive cruise control
- Traffic sign recognition
- Safe departure assistance
- Emergency steering assistance
- Reverse camera with front and rear parking sensors
- 10 airbags
More: Everything Lexus NX