Ferrari plans 15 new cars by 2026, including an EV

Ferrari Made overnight plans for 15 new cars between 2023 and 2026, the model launch frenzy will soon begin.

Ferrari has launched 15 new car launches between 2018 and 2022 – with some highlights in this week’s plans, focusing on highlights including the 296 GTB, SF90, 812 Competizione and F8 Tributo.

Ferrari announced its latest mid-term product plan at its 2022 Capital Market Day event.

One of the upcoming 15 models will be an all-electric car – the company’s first BEV. Ferrari has previously promised to launch an electric vehicle (EV) in 2025, and that time is up.

Ferrari CEO Benedetto Vigna – who has been in the chair for 12 months – did not go into much detail about the upcoming EV this week, but claimed it would be “unique” and would be developed with a “Ferrari lens”.

Another promising highlight will be a high-performance V8 hybrid Hello model to follow from the V12 LaFerrari.

Although Ferrari has not confirmed this, a slide from the presentation indicates that this upcoming “supercar” will be powered by a turbocharged V8 engine with a hybrid system.

The slide further states that it will have technology from Formula 1 and the upcoming Le Mans Hypercar, which will make its racing debut in 2023 within 24 hours of Le Mans.

Also at the event, Ferrari has confirmed that it will unveil its first SUV, named Purosangue, in September 2022.

As previously detailed, the Purosangue will be available with a V12 engine. Care Expert Understand that the Purosangue will be available with other, electrified powertrain options.

Earlier in 2022, Ferrari said it would handle Purosangue’s “exclusivity”, confirming at the event that it would be below 20 percent of annual vehicle shipments in its lifetime.

Pictures of the Purosangue have recently been leaked showing parts of the four-door ‘coupe SUV’ body, as well as an official teaser showing the front.

We already know that this SUV will seat four passengers and is based on a new front mid-engine architecture.

By 2026, Ferrari’s goal is a vehicle lineup consisting of 60 percent hybrid and all-electric vehicles, with the remaining 40 percent internal combustion-powered models.

By 2030, the printing horse will increase this number to 40 percent hybrid, 40 percent all-electric, and 20 percent internal-combustion vehicles.

Based on this electrification push, Ferrari has confirmed that it is constructing a new “e-building” at its Maranello plant for Evi. It was rumored earlier but not confirmed.

This extra space will design and integrate electric powertrains, inverters and batteries. There is also going to be a new paint shop.

As previously announced, Mr. Vigna, a former STMicroelectronics executive, was appointed CEO of Ferrari in June 2021 to accelerate the use of state-of-the-art technology.

Earlier in 2022, Ferrari detailed an organizational reshuffle that pointed to its electrified future and focused on its 2023 carbon neutral commitment.

Pransing Horse has expanded its leadership team by promoting internal talent and has strengthened it through a number of external recruits from technology backgrounds.

Ferrari’s local division recently said its electrification measures have been “well received” by local and foreign customers.

More: Ferrari is reportedly adding EV line to Maranello, details coming June 16
More: Ferrari EV has advanced to 2025
More: 2023 Ferrari Purosangue SUV leaked
More: Ferrari Purosangue SUV will be exclusive, V12 is coming

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.